Endowed NCR Distinguished Professor
Director of Data Science
Director of the Data Semantics (DaSe) Laboratory
Data Science and Security Cluster (DSSC)
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
College of Engineering and Computer Science
Wright State University
Dayton, Ohio, USA
Main academic interests
Some keywords: semantic web, linked data, big data, ontology modeling, ontology language development, ontology alignment, data integration, knowledge representation, information systems, automated reasoning, machine learning, neural-symbolic integration, intelligent systems, conceptual structures, mathematical foundations.
DaSe Lab for Data Semantics
Selected Recent Events and Activities
- ISWC 2017, The 16th International Semantic Web Conference, Vienna, Austria, October 2017. (Senior PC Member)
- NeSy'17, Twelfth International Workshop on Neural-Symbolic Learning and Reasoning, City, University of London, UK, July 2017. (keynote speaker)
- ESWC 2017, 14th ESWC 2017, Portoroz, Slovenia, May/June 2017. (PhD Symposium Chair)
- Scientometrics 2017, Scientometrics Workshop at ESWC 2017, Portoroz, Slovenia, May/June 2017. (Co-Organizer)
- Tutorial on Modular Ontology Modeling with Ontology Design Patterns at ESWC 2017.
- CoCo2016, Workshop on Cognitive Computation: Integrating Neural and Symbolic Approaches. Workshop at NIPS 2016, Barcelona, Spain, December 2016. (keynote speaker)
- WOP 2016, Workshop on Ontology and Semantic Web Patterns (7th edition). (General Chair)
- Tutorial on Ontology Design Patterns for Linked Data Publishing at ISWC 2016.
- Vienna Semantic Web Meetup, Vienna, Austria, September 12, 2016. (invited speaker on Linked Data as Part of the Big Data Landscape) (slides (pdf))
- SBD2016, Semantic Big Data workshop at ACM SIGMOD, San Francisco, CA, USA, July 1, 2016. (keynote on Semantic Technologies for Big Data Interation) (slides (pdf))
- 2016 UQAM Summer School on Reasoning, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, June 2016. (invited lecture on Ontology Modeling) (slides (pdf))
- MAICS 2016, The 27th Modern Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science Conference, Dayton, OH, April 2016. (keynote speaker on Knowledge Modeling for Data Sharing, Integration, and Reuse) (slides (pdf))
Logic for Computer Scientists (CS2210), Fall 2017.
Computability and Complexity (CS7220), Spring 2016.
You can find some pictures of me in my Picture Gallery.
Some External Links.